Welcoming the arrival of a new year by way of a New Year’s Eve party is never out of style especially in a bustling city like our very own Macau. We’re pretty sure there’s plenty going on out there so while you ponder the options, let us make it a little easier for you with our personal choice of party to attend and spend the last hours of 2017 at The Ritz-Carlton Bar & Lounge Great Gatsby Countdown Party.
Situated on the 51st floor of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, the exquisite Ritz-Carlton Bar & Lounge is a lavish space that allows for the daytime dining setting to seamlessly transform into a vibrant nighttime hangout. Fusing tasteful art with plush seating, luxurious chandeliers, elaborate decor, and a long mirrored bar area serving classic cocktails and signature pick-and-mix gin & tonic menu that allow guests to customize their gin & tonic drinks, the Ritz-Carlton Bar & Lounge is the ultimate place to revive the glitz and glamour of the golden era’s party scene as seen in the iconic “Great Gatsby” movie.
Enjoy sensational live music by DJ Mistrezz C, resident DJ of Ozone at the Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong while sipping tantalizing cocktails, and savoring delightful snacks. Book your table now to enjoy a bottle of Perrier-Jouët Brut NV Champagne and a selection of tapas for a starting price of MOP $1,300+. A selection of premium champagnes, wines, beers, and spirits are also available for your drinking pleasure. Be sure to put on your best dancing shoes—we expect lots of dancing as we ring in the new year. Speaking of shoes, what does one wear to a 1920s themed event? Don’t fret, we’ve also got you covered!
In a nutshell, “Great Gatsby” styling is all about ritzy color schemes such as gold, silver, and black. To get you all prepped up and ready to dance 2017’s last night away, we’ve listed key elements that will guide you in choosing what to wear for The Ritz-Carlton’s Great Gatsby Countdown Party:
Remember that the 20s era is all about shiny, shimmery, and sparkly. The easiest way to look the part is by picking out a dress made of a metallic-looking material. Think of silk or satin dresses that fall just below your knees or right above your ankle. Velvet also fits the bill, especially on a chilly night as one can expect for New Year’s Eve. You can opt for a shorter, shapeless frock.
1. Karen Millen Metallic Pleated Maxi Dress 956 Grand Canal Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
2. Mango Ruffle Metallic Dress 812 Grand Canal Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
3. French Connection Theresa Velvet Dress 973 Grand Canal Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
There’s no such thing as too much sparkle in the jazz age when women’s dresses, the “flapper” dresses, were often bedazzled with jewels, sequins, rhinestones, and all kinds of gems you can cover a dress with from head to toe. For a more modern take, choose a sequin dress with a short hemline or a shapeless camisole dress embellished with beads and multi-colored sequins. If you prefer the classic version of a flapper dress, go for a drop-waist dress.
4. Aurelie Sequin V Neck Dress 973 Grand Canal Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
5. Limited Edition Sequinned Dress 2126 Level 2, Shoppes at Cotai Central
6. Romantic Silk Chiffon Beaded Dress Available online with free shipping to Macau
Lace is the ultimate fabric that screams bold yet delicate, thus it’s the perfect material to wear to a 20s themed event. You can opt for an all-lace dress or if you prefer subtle, just go for dresses with lace trims or details. An equally romantic alternative to lace is chiffon and is best in lighter, neutral colors such as beige or old rose for a Daisy Buchanan vibe.
7. Something Borrowed Lace Trim Maxi Dress Available online with free shipping to Macau
8. Glamorous Silk Chiffon Evening Gown Available online with free shipping to Macau
9. True Decadence Lace Maxi Dress Available online with free shipping to Macau
Fringe dresses were also a big trend in the 20s and they are perhaps the most fun dress to prance around in while wearing your dancing shoes—for very obvious reasons. While fringe in the iconic flapper dresses were heavy, densely woven, and easily tangled, thankfully the modern kind of fringe dresses are lightweight and easier to move around in. A lesser bold alternative would be a layer or tiered dress.
10. Anne F Sleeveless Fringe Detailed Dress Available online with free shipping to Macau
11. River Island Sleeveless Swing Dress Available online with free shipping to Macau
12. Layered Dress 1202 Level M, Shoppes at Four Seasons
Now the true essence of the golden era’s fashion and what must not be missed when dressing up for a Great Gatsby themed party are pieces of jewelry and accessories. Here are the must-have pieces and take the liberty of piling them all up because where women of the 20s are concerned, less is never more.
There’s no need for high stilettos or pumps for this party; a classy pair of Mary Jane shoes or extravagant strappy heels are all you need to dance the night away in.
13. Mary Jane 967 Grand Canal Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
14. Calf-Hair Sling-back Shop 2003a, Level 2, Shoppes at Cotai Central
15. Chain Trims Suede Loafers 619 Sun Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
16. D’orsay Mary Jane Heels Shop 2003a, Level 2, Shoppes at Cotai Central
Preferably worn around the forehead, you can opt for a thick embellished headband or a thin beaded string. Another viable option is a turban made out of a metallic or patterned fabric.
17. Bejewelled Headband 102 Gondola Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
18. Etaede Headband Available online with free shipping to Macau
You must have a statement necklace, be it a string of pearls, a tassel necklace, or a short bib. Wear a pair of drop or dangling earrings to match, but of course if you feel like wearing more, by all means go ahead. Layer them all up as you wish or complete the set by wearing rings and lots of bracelets as well.
19. Large Faux Pearls Necklace 106 Gondola Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
20. Triple Ball Earrings 102 Gondola Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
21. Long Flower Earrings 102 Gondola Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
22. African Necklace 102 Gondola Street, Level 3, Shoppes at Venetian
Lastly, ditch the usual winter coat and cover up with a luxurious wrap such as velvet cape or a fur coat. The thicker it is, the more extravagant it will look.
When: Sunday, December 31
Where: The Ritz-Carlton Bar & Lounge, 51F, The Ritz-Carlton, Macau, Galaxy Macau, Estrada de Baía da Nossa Senhora da Esperança, s/n, COTAI, Macau, Chinaau, Estrada da Baía da Nossa Senhora da Esperança, Cotai
MOP $1,300** – table for 2 (including entry for 2, 1 bottle of Perrier-Jouët Brut NV Champagne and a selection of tapas)
MOP $2,500** – table for 4 (including entry for 4, 2 bottle of Perrier-Jouët Brut NV Champagne and a selection of tapas)
MOP $3,600** – table for 6 (including entry for 6, 3 bottle of Perrier-Jouët Brut NV Champagne and a selection of tapas)
A selection of champagnes, wines, beers, and spirits are also available.
** All prices are subject to 10% service charge and 5% government tax.
Entrance fee MOP $200** includes 1 long drink
For more information please call +853 8886 6712 or email [email protected]