Standing right in front of Alegria Cinema, Lin Kai Temple in San Kio district was founded over 200 years ago.
As mentioned on the main entrance door, this temple’s name is “New Lin Kai Temple” since the present building replaced the original one destroyed during a typhoon in 1874. Its facade is decorated with fine granite carvings on the walls and large Chinese lion statues on the roof. Although the temple was initially dedicated to Pak Tai, the God of the North, Ua-Kuong, who is also worshipped here, became even a more significant deity. It is believed his supernatural power helps to keep the neighborhood safe from fire.
Besides Ua-Kuong and Pak Tai, many other deities occupy the five shrines of Lin Kai temple making its pantheon one of the biggest in Macau.