The Ricci School is a building of heritage interest and stands at Rua da Praia do Bom Parto, after Avenida da República. It connects Sai Van to Nam Van. Built in 1868, it served as the commercial headquarters for the company Jardine Matheson. Besides that, it also served residential purposes. Later it became part of the Ricci School, from 1955 until now.
It’s built in a colonial style, with the architecture reminiscent of the existence of European settlements in Macau. Both this and an adjoining building–Casa Jardin–are thought to have been built at the same time. The school isn’t opened for visits, but one can enjoy its architecture and historic importance by seeing from the outside.
Also read: Lesser Known Historical Stories of Macau